What is a Peace Group?
- A group of 8-20 Jesus followers who are "pursuing the peace of Christ for our hearts, neighbors, and communities."
- The primary context for discipleship, developing relationships and finding/giving support.
- Peace City's version of a Small Group, Community Group, or Missional Community.
What does a Peace Group do?
- Share life together. Examples: meals, recreation, celebrations, share stories, support one another.
- Go. Examples: meet new neighbors, build relationships, learn stories, share the gospel.
- Serve. Examples: community clean up, tutor, babysit, give rides, practice English.
- Grow. Examples: prayer, Bible study, character development, disciple new followers.
- Send. Examples: leadership training, multiply Peace Groups.
What should I expect in a Peace Group?
- Multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, multi-socioeconomic, multi-generational, and gospel-centered.
- Meets every 1st and 3rd week for a family meal (structured).
- Intentional activity to engage, love, and serve neighbors every 2nd and 4th week (mission).
- Proximity and place-based.
- Uncomfortable but transformative over time.
Peace Groups by Area
When // 1st + 3rd Tuesdays, 7p
Leaders // Eric & Lisa So
When // 1st + 3rd Fridays, 7p
Leaders // Jacob & Amy Smith
When // 1st + 3rd Wednesdays, 7p
Leaders // Brandon & Tulani Smith