Why is Church Membership Important?
- Every follower of Jesus is automatically in the universal Church but that is practically lived out in a specific local church.
- A follower of Jesus cannot faithfully and fully obey the commands of scriptures without being committed to a local church.
- You miss out on God’s grace if you are disconnected from a local church.
- Others miss out on God’s grace through you if you are disconnected from the local church.
- Church leadership flows out of submission to Christ.
- Don’t just be an attendee or consumer. Be a committed, active participant of a local church. Like dating moving to marriage, commit and become a member.
- Pastors need to know who is in the flock. Membership helps pastors lead the flock more effectively. It helps the church pursue its mission more effectively.
How to Become a Member
- LISTEN to two sermons on The Church and Church Leadership (if you weren’t there on those Sundays). If you are an English Language Learner, you can schedule a meeting with a pastor and we'll bring a translator so we can talk to you about our church and membership
- READ our Confession of Faith and Membership Covenant. You can also review our Vision Doc and Peace Group Doc. See Attachments.
- DECIDE if you would like to pursue membership. If yes, CONTACT Pastor Eric to schedule a Membership Covenant Meeting with a pastor. You will have space to ask questions and we'll ask a few questions about your faith, family, and life so we get to know each other better. (email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 240-499-4290)
- APPROVAL. Elders (Pastor Brandon and I) will approve your membership or give you next steps for approval.
- ANNOUNCEMENT. Get officially announced as a new member of Peace City Church on a future Sunday.
Our prayer and hope is that you commit to Peace City Church by becoming a member as we pursue the vision and mission God has called us to. Family for Strangers. Refuge for the Broken. Peace for our City.