Why is Church Membership important?
- Every follower of Jesus is automatically in the universal Church but that is practically lived out in a specific local church.
- A follower of Jesus cannot faithfully and fully obey the commands of scriptures without being committed to a local church.
- You miss out on God’s grace if you are disconnected from a local church.
- Others miss out on God’s grace through you if you are disconnected from the local church.
- Church leadership flows out of submission to Christ. Don’t just be an attendee or consumer.
- Be a committed, active participant of a local church. Like dating moving to marriage, commit and become a member.
- Pastors need to know who is in the flock. Membership helps pastors lead the flock more effectively. It helps the church pursue its mission more effectively.
How to Become a Member
- LISTEN to two sermons on The Church and Church Leadership. If you are an English Language Learner, you can schedule a meeting with a pastor and we'll bring a translator so we can talk to you about our church and membership
- READ our Confession of Faith, Membership Covenant and Vision Doc.
- Schedule a Membership Covenant Meeting with a Pastor by filling out the form below. You will have space to ask questions and we'll ask a few questions about your faith, family, and life so we get to know each other better.
- APPROVAL. The Eldership will approve your membership or give you next steps for approval.
- ANNOUNCEMENT. Get officially announced as a new member of Peace City Church on a future Sunday.
Our prayer and hope is that you commit to Peace City Church by becoming a member as we pursue the vision and mission God has called us to.
Family for Strangers. Refuge for the Broken. Peace for our City.